Tae Kwon Do offers much to both children and adults, including psychological, physical, and social benefits. What we have listed here is just a thumbnail sketch of the ways in which training with us can have a positive impact on your life.
- Training helps to channel aggression towards positive ends. Instead of acting out feelings of anger or frustration, children learn to channel these feelings into activities that promote physical health and build friendship.
- Training helps to build confidence. As children see themselves improving, their overall confidence increases, helping them to build a positive attitude towards their ability to overcome challenges.
- Class structure teaches discipline. While classes are fun and positive experiences, they also teach children to control their impulses and focus on the task at hand.
- Self-esteem is built by rewards. Positive effort and development are rewarded and encouraged, allowing children to develop genuine and positive self-esteem.
- Children learn lifetime defense skills. Children learn how to defend themselves from aggressors.
- Training relieves stress. Stress impacts many facets of your life, including your physical and mental health. Training in Tae Kwon Do provides a positive and healthy means of relieving stress and tension.
- Our programs are fun. Children aren't the only ones who have the chance to build and develop friendships and challenge yourself.
- We teach practical self-defense. We teach you how to respond to physical threats, including a variety of attacks, grabs, and weapons.
- Training improves physical fitness. Tae Kwon Do training is comprehensive - it impacts nearly every part of the body, greatly improving strength, flexibility, endurance, and cardiovascular health.
- Training boosts confidence. Training gives you the chance to test and exceed what you've perceived to be your limits of physical and mental endurance - you will learn to overcome challenges, a skill that translates into many areas of your life.
These are not the only benefits to be attained through training - everyone brings their own expectations to training, and we can help you to realize yours.